Today I will show you how I put together my Project Life layouts. I’m a PL newbie, but this is what works for me, so far. My layouts are pretty simple. I’m sure I will get more adventurous as the year goes by.
1. During the week (I go from Monday to Sunday), I take pictures with my cameras or iPhone 5 and take notes using the Day One app (which I love!).
2. I made a simple Photoshop template of the page protectors that I’m using (Becky Higgins PL Photo Pocket Pages Design A). This is what it looks like when I open it on PS Elements.
3. On PSE, I open all the pictures that I want to use for the week and size them (4″x6″ or 3″x4″). Then, I start arranging them on the template.
4. I leave the top left 4×6 spot empty for a title (date) card. I bought the Seafoam PL digital kit (which includes all the cards on the “regular” printed kit and the digital papers that coordinate with the collection) and think is worth it.
5. I fill any other slots with filler cards. My layout then looks something like this…
6. When I’m happy with the order of the pictures and cards, I add any text (if needed).
7. Then, I print everything at home. I use an Epson Artisan 730 printer (it prints my pictures beautifully).
8. I add any little embellishment that I can come up with (I designed the circles and arrow tags using the Silhouette Studio and cut with the Cameo) and slide all my pictures and cards on their respective pockets! Super simple!!!
I like my method because I can get a pretty clear idea of what the end product will be without having to print tons of pictures. I just print what I need. Also, it goes super quick! I can have my digital template complete in a matter of about an hour. Add another hour or so for printing, cutting to size, embellishing and sliding cards on the page protector. And that’s it!
I truly think this the perfect solution to document our lives. I love that you can make it as quick and simple or long and complex as you want! I will be starting my little guy’s baby book using this method (will be buying the baby boy digital kit soon!).
Hope this helps get you motivated to record all those daily life memories (big and small)! =D